Health insurance is required for all international students. The medical benefits plan for international students offered by Phoenix College is CCN which is provided by the Personal Insurance Administrators, Inc. Please visit CCN for additional information.
- You must have a claim form signed by the International Student Center before you see the doctor!! This form can be obtained at any time from the International Student Center. It is recommended that you always have a signed form in your possession in the case of sudden illness or an emergency.
- In case of life-threatening situations, call the emergency telephone number, 911.
How to find Doctors and Hospitals
- Go to http://www.ccnusa.com
- Click “Search for a doctor, hospital or facility”
- From the menu go to : Group/Individual Health
- Click “CCN Network”
- Click on “Phys/Clinics” (Click on “Hospitals” or “Facility” to look for hospital assistance or a specific type of facility)
- Choose the desired “Specialties” from the list & enter the necessary information such as Search by, Zip Code, City, and Distance
- Choose the desired doctor for the list displayed. You can click on the doctor’s name for detailed information.
- Always carry your ID card with you. (remove it from the insurance brochure).
- Fill out the personal information section on the claim form.
- Give the ID card signed claim form to the physician or hospital.
- If the physician or the hospital needs to verify your coverage, have them call Personal Insurance Administrators, Inc. at 1-800-468-4343.
- The physician's office or hospital will fill out the back of the claim form and return it back to you. Please DO NOT LEAVE the office without this form.
- Attach the bills for any other expenses such as medicines, x-rays, or laboratory charges to the claim form.
- Make a photocopy of all the documents (the claim form and all bills/receipts) for your records.
- Send the completed original claim form with the bills attached to the following address within 90 days after an injury or sickness has occurred.
Personal Insurance Administrators, Inc., P. O. Box 5004, Thousand Oaks, CA 91359-5004