Service-Learning is a teaching and learning method that combines class content with organized community service experiences on campus and in the local community.
Pillars of Service Learning
1. Service must meet a community need
2. Service must be connected to classroom material
3. Have a reflection assignment after service
Types of Service Learning
1. In Class Module
2. Independent Class 282 Module
3. One-Time Events
Examples of Service Learning
1. Address hunger on college campuses.
2. Serve at Pueblo Grande Art Museum
3. Do tutoring at a local elementary school
About Student Life & Leadership:
The Phoenix College Service
Learning Coordinator and Student Life & Leadership staff are
committed to helping you streamline
the Service Learning process and making LESS hassle for you.
Lupe Conchas PC Service Learning Coordinator Office: 602-285-7231
Student Union Building Phoenix College Main Campus