"On Time Registration" applies to all courses.
Learning starts from day one. Students must register for classes prior to the first class meeting. Follow the steps below to become enrolled at Phoenix College and ensure your success as a student and member of the campus community.
Step 1: Get Admitted
Phoenix College's open admission policy means that anyone can attend Phoenix College who: is a high school graduate; has earned a GED; is at least 18 years old and not attending high school, OR a high school student who has the permission of a parent and the Phoenix College Admission office.
Submit the Student Admissions Application at admissions.maricopa.edu.
New Student? You can find step-by-step instructions for becoming a student at https://www.maricopa.edu/getting-started.
Enrollment Checklist & Map
Our colleges utilize two processes to determine college course placement for students: High School Transcripts and/or Placement Test.
- Submit High School Transcripts
- Take Placement Test (if needed) www.phoenixcollege.edu/testing
- Prepare by reviewing the sample questions at: maricopa.edu/testing.
- Placement test will ensure appropriate level of classes for enrollment.
- The Placement Test is not a pass/fail exam.
- The Placement Test is untimed and FREE.
- Bring your government issued photo ID on the day of testing.
- To review your test score results, ask for a Course Placement Chart
DO I NEED TO TAKE THE PLACEMENT TEST?
Take the placement test if:
- you are currently a high school freshman/sophomore OR
- your high school GPA is below 2.6 OR
- your high school transcripts are older than 10 years OR
- you obtained a GED OR
- you wish to place in a higher level of English, Math or Reading.
- your high school transcripts are from outside of the United States
Testing Services is located in the lower level of the Hannelly Center
Step 3: Academic Advisement, Register for Classes, Attend New Student Orientation
If you are new to college and planning to complete a degree or transfer to a university, you are required to attend BearTrax.
Students attending a BearTrax session receive group academic advisement. They will learn how to navigate their online My.maricopa.edu student account, activate their gmail account, search for classes, learn about degree programs, services and resources, and register for classes. Students leave BearTrax with a class schedule in hand.
Visit the BearTrax page to view a list of available sessions.
All new to college students must attend My College Orientation on:
- Thursday, January 10 at 4pm
Students register for My College Orientation during Bear Trax
At My College Orientation, students will learn about all the resources available to them as new college students. Students will also be able to tour the campus, meet faculty and staff, locate your classrooms before classes start in the Fall, and meet new students.
If you need assistance, call the Contact Center at 602.285.7777, text "pc call me" to 480-405-1619 for a callback, or visit the Welcome Center in the Hannelly Center.
Continuing students should see an academic advisor in the Hannelly Center to determine their proper course selection based on their program of study or major.
There are Several Ways to Register!
Choose a method that is convenient for you.
Select the right Bear Trax Session for you, with the date and time convenient for you.
Operator Assisted Registration — 602.285.7777 or text "pc call me" to 480-405-1619 for a callback.
Available Monday–Thursday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (hours may vary during semester breaks, summer, and holidays).
Students may register in person in the Hannelly Center (HC).
* Some restrictions may apply.
Step 4: Pay Tuition and Fees
There are Several Ways to Pay:
Tuition and fees are due by the deadlines published in your Online Student Center at My.maricopa.edu.
- ONLINE — Pay online with a credit or debit card. Access your student center and. Click on "make a payment" under the Finances section.
- MAIL — Mail payment to: Phoenix College / Cashier's Office / 1202 West Thomas Road / Phoenix, AZ 85013. Please allow 7–10 business days for mail and processing time (no cash please).
- PHONE — Call 602.285.7522 during regular business hours. Credit card payments only.
- IN PERSON at the Cashiers Office located in the Hannelly Enrollment Center. Pay with cash, check, money order, or debit/credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express).
The online Net Price Calculator estimates the ANNUAL cost of attendance.
Student Tuition Payment Plan
Generally, the earlier you enroll in a plan, the more payment options you have - including a lower down payment! Phoenix College offers a convenient online Student Tuition Installment Payment Plan.
Enroll - Student Tuition Payment Plan
Note: Click on the link above for complete information, or log in to your personalized student center at My.maricopa.edu, then click on "payment options" under the Finances section.
- SUMMER 2018: Please make payment (or payment arrangements) on or before Sunday, May 20, 2018 to avoid being dropped from your Summer 2018 class(es).
FALL 2018: Please make payment (or payment arrangements) on or before Sunday, July 29, 2018 to avoid being dropped from your Fall 2018 class(es).
Fee Payment Deadlines
- (Click on "Charges Due" under your "Account Summary" for a complete summary by due date of the charges that you owe.) If you do not make a payment by your due date, your enrollment may be canceled. Withdrawal from courses is the responsibility of the student; automatic withdrawal is not guaranteed. Refund information is available at the Cashiers office.
- Students are required to provide proof of citizenship or legal status in order to be eligible to be charged in-state/in-county rates. Read more about how Arizona residency requirements may affect you.