Hoop of Learning Program
The Hoop of Learning Program at Phoenix College is designed to provide Native American High school students the opportunity to earn college credit while attending high school. The program offers cultural courses, support for academic achievement, community connection, financial assistance and leadership.
The HOL program will guide students through the college process and provide them with support services to ensure academic success. The program structure includes general education offerings, courses in American Indian Studies, and many other career exploration courses. Participants of this program will have the opportunity to build partnerships with other students, staff, and faculty.
- Increase high school graduation and retention rates.
- Increase Native American enrollment and participation in college.
- Empower Native American students to reach their goals.
- Enhance Native American culturally relevant curriculum.
- Increase diversity on campus.
- Strengthen partnerships with external Native American communities, school districts, and other agencies.
Complete the HOOP of Learning application, have your parents sign it and return it to your Native American Counselor.
Seana Mitchell, Hoop Coordinator
Office of Early Outreach (Student Union)
Phone: 602.285.7642 / Email: email@example.com